Sunday 23 May 2010

Becoming one of "those" employees

It has happened.  My job has finally sent me mad. 

Below is a copy of an email I found myself sending to the team leader last week.  In my defence, in an office where we hotdesk, this felt at the time like a very serious issue.


Dear [team leader]

I am sorry to bother you about such a trivial matter, but I am not sure who else to contact regarding the issue of telephone wipes.
I know it was mentioned at the team meeting last week, but I was wondering if anything is being done about obtaining telephone wipes? We simply aren't given them any more, and as I am rarely at the same desk, most of my mornings are spent hunting around the desks of others for any spare telephone wipes. I confess that, as people eat at their desks, sneeze into their hands and then use the keyboard and mouse, I use mine not only for the telephone but also for wiping down the keyboard and mouse. After that spell last year when I was constantly sick, I have become concerned to prevent myself getting sick again. Increasingly, it is becoming difficult to find any spare wipes. If we are not longer going to be issued them on a daily basis, one solution may be for packets of wet ones or other disinfectant wipes to be left in the kitchen for those of us who move desks to use. Who can I speak to about purchasing these wipes for general use?

Kind regards

No comments:

Post a Comment