Friday 23 April 2010

The reign of terror continues

The office farter continues his reign of terror.


A co-worker and I were having a serious discussion today about how to tackle this issue. Afterwards, I went back to my desk, and wondered whether anyone else in the world had ever encountered this problem and, if so, how they resolved it. I did a quick google search of "fart, office" and discovered numerous websites of varying degrees of usefulness. Two were particularly helpful, discussing the matter in a serious way with suggestions made by people who (at least claim to) work in HR.

Given the websites offered practical, helpful advice I thought it would be useful for me to forward them to my co-worker. Sadly, I didn't think about the various popup ads embedded in the sites. When my co-worker clicked on one of the links she found her screen suddenly filled by an advertisement asking "do you have fishy, vaginal odour"? Conscious that she was sitting in an open-plan workplace, where numerous people had sight of her computer, she quickly shut the site down.

It seems popups can be just as troublesome in the work place as pop offs.

No comments:

Post a Comment